I’ve always been a Top Mount kind of guy, I wouldn’t recommend the Caliber 2’s for Drop Through decks. Riders have reported instances of wheel-bite with these bad boys. I’ve personally ridden a Churchill Kray with the first generation of Caliber trucks + 70mm wheels with no problem. SO if you’re rocking that deck as a drop through, consider grabbing the Caliber V1 trucks instead.
My friend Pete Eubank was super stoked when these came out. These trucks feature a better bushing seat, they are stronger, and were manufactured with tighter tolerances.
TLDR; Caliber upgraded the most popular trucks in the longboard world, if you’re looking for a set of legit cast reverse kingpin freeride & downhill trucks, Caliber 2 Longboard Trucks were built specifically for you!
Caliber 2 Longboard Trucks Specs
- 44 degree baseplate
- Updated bushing seat providing a perfect no-slip-fit
- Pivot re-designed for tighter tolerances with an updated chamfer
- Circular kingpin hole with updated diameter
- Truck strength increased by 40%
- Pressed-in Grade 8 hex head kingpin
- Beefed up and reinforced baseplate
- Thinner paints used for tighter tolerances